I have created this turkey recipe. It is absolutely delicious. The turkey is top with a cheese and cracker crumbs crust and roast in the oven till the crispy. It is serve on a bed of spinach with sweet baby beetroot turkey gravy.
2 pieces turkey steak (about 150g each piece)
1 small red chilli ( chopped)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chilli oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped)
100g grated cheese
8 Ritz Cheese crackers
A few sprigs of rosemary
100g cooked baby beetroots
½ small red pepper ( chopped)
100ml rich turkey stock
A handful of spinach leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Mix lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, onion, chilli, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add turkey steak and marinate for1 hour.
2. Transfer the marinated turkey steaks onto a plate.
3. Place the Ritz crackers in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin and break the crackers into fine crumbs. Add in finely grated cheese.
4. Place the turkey steaks on a baking tray. Press the cheese crust on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Add a sprig of rosemary on top.
5. Roast the turkey steak on the centre of the oven at gas mark 5/ 190C for 30 minutes until the turkey s cooked and the crust is golden brown.
6. Cut one beetroot into fine strips. Set aside for garnish. Place the beetroot and red pepper in a processor. Add in turkey stock. Pulsate for 30 seconds. Pass the sauce through a sieve. Heat the sauce in a pan.
7. Cook spinach in a pan of salty water for 1 minute. Drain.
8. Put a few spoonful of beetroot gravy on a warm plate. Arrange the cooked spinach in the centre. Place the cheese crust turkey onto of the spinach. Drizzle with beetroot gravy. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and beetroot strips.